April 2015 Archives
Posted on Wed 08 Apr by AlexK /
Fringe! Queer Film and Arts Fest is a film and arts festival rooted in London's queer creative scene and welcoming everyone. We're not-for-profit and run by a team of passionate volunteers. From feature films to experimental art, workshops, performances panel discussions and wild parties, the festival hosts a multitude of diverse events, representing queer artists and film-makers from all over the world, as well as supporting local talent.
Fringe! was launched in 2011, by a group of queer creatives as a community response to arts cuts carnage. Our mission was to offer a dynamic, representative and unmistakably fresh alternative to other film and arts festivals. The festival, now heading into its 5th year, aims to provoke debate and discussion, whilst remaining accessible and open to all. We are proud that the majority of our events and screenings affordable or even free.
About the Role
Fringe! is looking for a new arts coordinator to oversee our visual and performing arts programme. We are looking for an individual with existing contacts and knowledge of visual and performing arts (we would also consider appointing two people, one with knowledge/experience of each) who can curate a programme for the festival and co-ordinate its production and realisation. The programme is likely to include two or more exhibitions and a number of performances and workshops across our week long festival period in November. We are looking for someone who can start soon as we will need to work up a funding proposal for this strand of the festival (in collaboration with other team members).
Take a look at last year’s programme for inspiration
We work collectively at Fringe! so all members of the team contribute to programming (across art forms) as well as everything that goes into making the festival happen.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing a programme proposal (across visual arts and performing arts)
- Preparing a budget for the programme
- Building relationships with artists
- Reviewing and selecting artists who contact us through our open submissions page
- Managing the development and delivery of the programme before and during the festival
- Working with other team members on delivering the overall festival programme (marketing, venue scouting...etc)
- Collaborate with Fringe! team on funding applications related to the programme
- Previous experience in a similar role in either visual arts or performing arts or both
- Experience of applying for funding
- Existing networks within the queer arts/creative scene
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and artists
- Strong organisational skills
- Interest in issues faced by the queer community
- Interest in Fringe! festival values and programme
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, please address all points in the Person Specification.
Deadline: 5th May 2015